Old 11-28-2012, 02:58 PM
grann of 6

Remember when you were the "shy" kid in class and never raised your hand? Then your mom and dad got your report card and it said, "does not participate in class activities"? And your parents wanted to know why? Well, I was one of those kids. Then I grew up and got married, and moved to a new city, a very large city Detroit. I lived in an apartment and when my DH was at work, I cried because I didn't know anyone. Then one day I saw a lady across the way have a new sewing machine delivered. So I bucked up and went across the way and knocked on her door. She was so pleased to know there was someone else who sewed in the apartment complex. We actually became slight friends, even though she was much older than me. I decided then that shy didn't work in this world. So after that I forced myself to become friends with strangers. Here we are on the QB and I have made friends from all over the world. My DD thinks I "have no life". She has no clue. If I have a question about something, I can ask my friends here, and always get an answer, usually the right answer. So, we are not mind readers....speak up and you will be spoken to. Probably more than you wanted.