Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM
fayzer

Sewing is a passion of mine, from heirloom dresses to quilts and all things in between. I recently sent a "Baby Shower in a Box" to a sailor that I supported in Afghanistan and his wife for their baby girl that was due in three weeks. (He is now here in the USA.) I included a "Hugs and Kisses" quilt, a hand made blanket, a Bapron, receiving blankets, baby toys, two beautiful floral head bands that I bought on Etsy and lavender baby wash and lotion. I wrapped each gift before placing it in the box. I included a sweet card to the parents. I loved making everything for baby because her daddy and I were so close during his deployment. I never even heard a word from either of them. When the baby was about 2 months old I finally asked the mom on FB if the box ever arrived. She said "Oh, yes and I loved everything. You could sell that stuff you know." Little did she know, I DO sell that "stuff." I couldn't believe I never got an email, call or anything from them. When you spend around $100 on a gift, a little acknowledgment goes a long way. Lesson learned. Now I have to decide whether the person is "Quilt Worthy!