View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Weezy Rider

I don't mind learning about new technology, I resent the fact that you can't find the colors you want since they aren't in "fashion." I'm addicted to Southwestern colors - remind me of sitting in Arches NP under a clear blue sky with Entrada Sandstone adding the red coloring. Makes me feel good. Whatever someone else wants to do is fine with me. I can't and won't argue with personal taste.

I also don't care for all those little "fashion" type necessities like table runners. I don't have a table so what would I do with one? A lot of the classes are just that - stuff I would never use and don't want. Mug rugs? Piece of lucite I can toss in the dishwasher. A lot of magazines are full of "fluff"

No one in town has offered any classes on a tablet carrier. Or phone holder. I've found the patterns online and worked them out myself. I made a set for my daughter. I Nook cover, a bag for her Acer tablet, and a cell phone carrier that had a zippered compartment to hold some change. All matching.

This forum is very useful to find esoteric information. I like QAYG. I see more are getting into it. So hints, tips and techniques are fabulous.

I learned to sew just to avoid fashionistas.

Someone mentioned a spring needle. I used to use one to do cutwork before embroidery machines.