View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 04:22 AM
Teacup

I appreciate everyone's respectful replies, allowing room for lots of opinions.

I agree that some color combintations that are trendy probably won't age well, and soon the quilt will jump out as being of a very particular time period (like those avocado appliances!). But I do like some of the modern quilt movement and aesthetic...it has grown on me. And I love that it is drawing in more people to quiltling who previously would not have been interested in working with the very traditional patterns/prints. I still love traditional quilts best, but am learning to appreciate the others. I find it funny to see some designs that to me look like the crazy prints from my childhood and high school years in the 60s and 70s being reinterpreted today. Even though some things aren't for me (give me burgundy and green over turquoise/lime/orange Christmas fabrics), I can smile and enjoy what people create with them. I especially like seeing what a traditional pattern looks like when done in totally different fabrics. I may not want to make it, may not want to put it in my home, but it's interesting to see what others do to give things a different spin. I'm glad there's room for all of us.