View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Little RoO View Post
I am working today in Exeter (which is about 100 kms from where I live), have just stopped for lunch and my mind wandered to the quilt I am making for my daughter..... I am in search of that one dark fabric that will make it pop.....so I switched on my computer and searched quilt shops in Exeter........oh, and I got so excited.....up popped this amazing looking shop "quilts and calico" .......I just love finding new shops to explore........sad to say however I probably won't make it there today.....on reading the address more carefully I realise it is based in Exeter, Ontario in Canada.......and I am based in England, UK......I am crest fallen !!!
............... and it's an absolutely wonderful shop!!!

You may have noticed their 2nd location where they have their classes. It's stocked with fabric, supplies and notions too, so that when you are at the class, you can get the extras you need/want! It's just like walking into someone's home. It even has an "English Garden" in the front yard, so you'd feel very much at home! Oh how I'd love to take a class there too.

I stumbled on it a few years ago and it's definitely on my radar when I am in the area. Although, from home it's only about a 2 hour drive for me and not quite the commute it'd be fore you, Little RoO .

Sometimes I think it is good that it is that far ... or I'd be there a LOT more and my stash would be even bigger.