Old 10-20-2009, 09:41 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

size is relative...lots of people use little bitty scraps, for applique, for mini quilts, for paper piecing...1/2" strips for wrapping clothesline for rugs or baskets...
that being said, scraps can certainly get "out of control!"
if you do not mind them 'stacking-up' dont' throw them away...i keep a flat-rate postal box under my cutting table, anything i cut and do not think i will have use for later i simply toss in the box, when it is full i send it away. there are plenty of people right here on this board who would love your scraps :D also, local school art departments...the kids in a near headstart I volunteer at LOVES getting a bag of itty bitty scraps (after all, they are itty bitty them selves) the beginning of December i take in an empty box for each child in the class and a couple glue sticks...the kids glue bitty scraps of fabric all over their box, sometimes making a picture sometimes just lots of color, they call these their 'treasure boxes' sometimes they put a gift in their box and give it away, sometimes they just cant bear to part with their box and keep it for years...i know one little guy who was 3 1/2 when he made his first treasure box, he's 14 now and still has it :mrgreen: