Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM
SteveH
Banned

Wow! thanks for all of the great feedback.

I will say I had no delusions of this being a good "money making scheme" mostly I just like making things and helping.

to Paperprincess: those are pretty cool. definitely made for the home market (which might well be all that is needed) but they are about halfway between a kitchen cookie cutter and the die rule stock this uses.

The capacity of the machine is 5/8" thickness (single or stacked) and can cut shapes up to 18"x12" with a single "hit" and larger dies by swinging it over one half doing a hit and then moving the head to cover the other half and doing a second hit. This particular unit began it's life working in a automobile upholstery factory, then moved on to doing purses and lastly making baby moccasins. I use it to make the leather bits for gauntlets used in modern medieval combats

I have a few dies now (purse patterns, baby moccasins, pennant flag, finishing up glove patterns now) and yes we make our own dies. I buy the 30" lengths of "blades" and bend them to the shape needed and then weld the ends closed.

I will try to do a quick video of the beastie in action this weekend.

thanks again for all of the feedback,
Steve

Last edited by SteveH; 11-29-2012 at 01:38 PM.