Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM
svenskaflicka1

i love getting gifts of fabric, as long as the "donor" knows i will use what i can, and share the rest. it might be goodwill or salvation army i "share" with, but there it is. and if it is something heavy enough, and poly or fleece, it just might get shared with my granddog, who is big, and needs lots of padding in her bed.

as for thankyou's--our immediate family is small, close, and loving. the unspoken agreement among us adults is that a verbal thank you and a hug is enough--but the kids are taught that if a gift is received, a note of thanks is written, and teaching by example is still done. one of my kids found it easier to "draw" her thanks. (she has a degree in studio art, now), but an acknowledgement was always given! now that my kids are all adults, we are back to hugs and thankyous--but their kids are learning the same thing. when somebody cares enough for you that they give, you must let them know that you get it--that they made an effort, followed through, and made you special.