View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:35 AM
mhollifiel

When my oldest BIG boy was in high school they were wearing those big legged jeans. They had just come into fashion and weren't in his size. So I took his jeans and split the legs down the front and backs, added all different faded colors of old jean fabrics and made him several pairs of big legged jeans. I even added an extra hip pocket to the left thigh front above the knee. He loved that especially. And then everybody wanted jeans like them. He knew me well enough to say that wasn't going to happen! Now I wonder how I ever did that.
I have a pair of DH's jeans that need some hem work by the machine now waiting on a "Round Tuit" I guess. I will do anything he wants though because this guy is the one who sends me back into fabric stores because I don't spend enough. The first time he did that, I had spent $200 and he made me go back until I had spent $500. We're both widowed from great first marriages so I got lucky TWICE. Heck yeah, I'll patch whatever he wants patched. . . but I do have to get to a good stopping place in my quilt piecing!