Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
Could someone please post the link to the Sharon Shamber method? The first time I heard about it, it took quite a while before I was able to find the tute on that.

I basted a quilt a few weeks ago with Roxanne's GLUE-BASTE-IT. It's the same as Elmer's School Glue, but the $9 bottle comes with a metal spout to get the glue in a nice thin line. When that bottle is empty, it will be filled with Elmer's.
The thing missing here is to lay out the batt and the backing on top of it, right side up, smooth and flat. Some put a few pins across the middle to hold it in place. Then fold back the top layer about half way and drip, drizzle, or whatever, the glue unto the backing layer. I used a small spot about every 6 inches. Fold the backing down, smooth very well and let it dry. I did this on my bed and used the iron to just press on each glue spot. Then work on the other half the same way.
When that is dry, flip it over, smooth the top onto the batt, pin a few places in the middle and put glue spots, lines, drizzles, etc. unto the back side of the top. Fold back onto the batt, and smooth very well. Use the iron on each spot if you wish. Now fold the other side back and do the same with that side.
I hope this helps.
If you're using the boards you have all three layers together at the same time. You don't have to pin anything or flip anything over. Plus you get to work at a table and not on the floor or a bed.