View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 PM
nygal

lynnie, about four years ago my dh and I did Medifast. I was so excited. There were many of the "foods" we didn't like and some we liked and ate and enjoyed. In a year or so my dh lost 40 lbs. and I lost 80 lbs. I love how I looked yet I noticed my hair was thinning out. Well after awhile like most "diets" I wanted to eat some REAL foods again. You can guess the end of the story. I ended up putting most of it back on. I was so sad because I had given away all of the plus size clothes I had that were really beautiful to a friend and a relative. Then I found myself big again and wishing I had kept the clothes. But at the time of my losing the weight I thought for sure that I could continue to do Medifast the rest of my life. I know about their maintenance plan but still following Medifast didn't really change my "thinking" which is what I REALLY needed.

I didn't like how their prices kept going up for the boxes of items too. I'm not cheap but the cost was getting crazy.

Maybe you will do better than we did and lose the weight and then have learned to eat right...but I really didn't learn a thing while following their plan.

Now I am doing "The Lord's Table" and that has been a blessing. I am losing the weight slowly but it has meaning and I know why I am losing it and how. It isn't something I go "on" then "off".

Good luck.