Thread: Scans Dull
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:08 AM
beautress

Default I actually do start out with a plan sometimes...

The first scan is a plan I had sketched out in a restaurant in a little book and decided it would be smarter to make a nicer quilt than the one I first sketched out, which wasn't too cool since it lacked any semblance of cohesion, complexity, or simplicity--it had only one element I liked about it that was not visible from looking at the minor bad drawing, and that was my love for trees. So hopefully the new sketch is better, and I'm going to make another one sometime, because I kept finding greens as I worked--a bin here and a bin there, etc., and was determined to use my entire collection, which of course, didn't happen. lol. The reason for that being that I kept shopping for quarters, half yards, and whatever I had left over from grocery money at the end of the week for at least 6 weeks while I worked on this little jigsaw puzzle, so actually 8 rows were added, and I have no idea what they would look like all finished because it just grew too long to pay attention to after a while, and I was in a rush to the bees closet that last day with all my green quilts--about 10 in all, except I did need to do one warm color quilt in there and a blue one just to be able to stick with one color for the couple of months I worked on green quilts.
Attached Thumbnails tall-pine-needs-work-6.30.2012.jpg   tall-pine1-becki-8.15.2012.jpg   pine-tree10-section-m-becki-8.20.2012.jpg   pine-tree11-section-p-becki-8.20.2012.jpg   pine-tree12-sections-q-r-t-becki-8.20.2012.jpg  

pine-tree13-sections-u-v-x-becki-8.20.2012.jpg