Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Scans Dull >

Scans Dull

Scans Dull

Old 12-08-2012, 06:30 AM

Default More Pine Tree quilt progress

Thanks, Brenda K. The greens were just a phase. We had a drought in 2011 here, and this year, I totally celebrated having green in our lives again, complete with some good stormy weather in the spring and summer that caused rains to fall on our fields and what trees the drought didn't kill. We lost several centennial trees. It was a cruel drought we had last year--we went all summer long with temperatures over 100 degrees and not a drop of rain for 3 or 4 months, it seems.

Anyway, I just wanted to find the pictures I had of the tree trunk and a few more of the greens in the tree, if possible.

Well, 6 scans and no tree trunk yet. Will keep digging through picture files...
Attached Thumbnails pine-tree22-section-g-becki-8.23.2012.jpg   pine-tree22-section-h-becki-8.23.2012.jpg   pine-tree23-section-becki-8.25.2012.jpg   pine-tree24-section-b-becki-8.25.2012.jpg   pine-tree25-section-c-becki-8.25.2012.jpg  

pine-tree26-section-d-becki-8.25.2012.jpg  
Old 12-08-2012, 06:59 AM

Default Pine Tree Quilt

No pictures of the tree trunk were found. I guess finishing that quilt was pretty terse, and somehow either I put the entire file in the wrong place when they were being found or it's someplace else. Sorry about that. I guess another tree quilt will be put into my January to do list. Hopefully it will not take six weeks to do another tree quilt. It gets pretty confusing when doing light and dark onto a 5-patch square when every other square has an inconsistent light or dark piece, plus after a couple of hundred squares, it's hard to remember whether you used a fabric or didn't earlier when you have so many different patterns and textures. This quilt had its limitations by my own initial bad decisions to divide it into fivesies and try to stick with the program. Most graph papers use 5 grids back when, so I automatically divide unmarked grids into 5s. Plus it's easier to multiply out in tens, so it was confusing because an even number of grids would have always started with either a dark or a light throughout. With the odd number, that just didn't happen.

Someday that file will pop up and there will be the 7 or 8 pieces of brown I bought half yards of to get a 2.5" block from! Muahaha, but not today!

Hope everyone has a fun time. Oh, yes, there was one other tree I didn't do. It's a pine tree. I will add the pattern now and be off to the sewing room to work on this week's little effort, a cherries and cream log cabin.

Oh, also, I found a half inch schema if it helps anyone doing either a four-patch, a miniature quilt, or whatever. Sometimes, you can click on a thumbnail, save the image, pull it up in print preview to fit the page, measure to see if four of the small squares equals one inch at "real size" and print out exactly the right size for your need.

You can use these grids for making counted cross stitch patterns into postage stamp quilts, or just to right a wrong somewhere. Happy quilting!

<hugs>
Attached Thumbnails pine-tree27-add-rowx1-becki-8.26.2012.jpg   pine-tree28-add-rowy1-becki-8.26.2012.jpg   pine-tree29-add-rowz1-becki-8.26.2012.jpg   pine-tree30-add-rowz2-becki-8.26.2012.jpg   finished-tree-quilt-outer-border-8.31-2012.jpg  

00001-tall-pine-ascending-6.30.2012.jpg   graph-half-inch-schema-becki-8.17.2012.jpg  
Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Awesome!!!!!!