Thread: Scans Dull
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:22 AM
beautress

Default Pine Tree Quilt

Early on the plan needed to be amended and filled in with light and dark squares to give meaning to the work as I wanted it to look. Also, the common plain and light greens on the last frame above were for grassy areas near the tree trunk, and is not part of the tree greenery. On the tree, I did my best to make each single piece the only piece in the quilt. Only the grass was the exception to the one-piece, one-fabric panacea for a charm quilt. Since the grass and skies are each bi-color from 2 prints each, it may disqualify this oversized postage stamp work from being accepted into the charm square realm. Even so, I ventured way out from the 200 greens I started with on the plan and added quite a few more greens that were first planned.

I apologize for my willy-nilly way of delivering a plan that did not match the end result, but the next time I use the plan, it will be exactly as I drew it which I liked better that the too-tall quilt which would more than cover a very tall NBA basketball player.

Hopefully, the updated picture of the pine tree will show separations. Just a few more of the divisions showing their colorations. Seems I had to add a horizontal and a vertical row or two as time went on

If people want a perfect quilt, they would have to look at someone else's.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Attached Thumbnails pine-tree20-updated-schema-becki-8.21.2012.jpg   pine-tree14-section-i-becki-8.20.2012.jpg   pine-tree15-section-j-becki-8.21.2012.jpg   pine-tree16-section-k-becki-8.21.2012.jpg   pine-tree17-section-l-becki-8.21.2012.jpg  

pine-tree19-section-f-becki-8.21.2012.jpg