View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Charming

Originally Posted by MTS View Post
I just quickly looked at the actual pattern (I had just looked at the fabric before).

I'm not taking the time to match up each panel but I think common sense would rule.

For example -

If I look at Panel4 on the quilt (How the Grinch Stole..w/red background), the cutting instructions are
10.5" x 7.5"

The picture on the fabric page
http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics...ADE-11224-223/
shows the width to be 7.5"

Obviously, you would cut the 10.5" the long way.

Then you're going to sew a 2" (cut) olive strip around the whole Grinch picture.
You take the UNFINSHED block and do the postage edge thing (personally, I'd just use a wave rotary cutter).
And the whole thing gets fused to the background piece that measures 12.5" x 15.5"

All the blocks end up the same length (15.5 UNFINISHED), except the 3 thinner middle ones which have an UNFINISHED width of 9.5". while the 6 outer ones are UNFINISHED at 12.5".
You followed what I said exactly and like you said the common sense told me to cut them how I see them but what pissed me off to read the instructions of the pattern and still they insist on cutting the strips the wrong way.
Anyhow thank you all for the help. I think I will just not follow the pattern by random cutting as I always do.