View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:01 PM
kydeb

Default Be careful out there!!

Interesting drive home today! Almost got rear-ended at a stop light. A woman ran onto median to avoid my rear. I was watching her in my rear view mirror and thought it was over. I even started blowing my horn hoping she would notice me. After the too close for comfort call, she passed us, weaving on and off the road, from lane to lane - coming close to hitting people. She looked like she was about to pass out and was definitely not in control of her vehicle. I called 911 and reported it, giving a play by play of where she was and what she was doing for the next 4 or 5 miles. Thankfully, I was somewhere where I was very familiar with the landmarks so I could tell them what was coming up. Once I told them which fork she took in the road, they had officers ready for her. One make a u-turn and got between me and her at a stop light. There was another vehicle in front of her. Officer didn't turn his lights on so we figured he was going to follow and observe her for himself. I guess she saw him behind her because she hit the gas and hit the truck in front of her and then threw the car in reverse, almost hit the cop. He turned on his lights, and got out of his car. She took off, turned on a side road, and then stopped. She was VERY lucky that she didn't kill anyone! Everyone on the road was luckier!! I've never seen driving like that in my life! Oh, and this was about 12:30 this afternoon . . . . Be careful out there and if you see such craziness, call 911 and let them know. Don't just shake your head and let it go. I was the only call they received on this and I talked with 911 until the cop pulled behind her. She could have easily killed someone - maybe one of your loved ones. No telling where she was going! It was scary and I'm somewhat sad that I was the only one on the road that didn't just shake my head. I have no idea where she had come from but we were on a stretch of road that she would have had to be on for a little way. What would you do?