View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 AM
lfletcher

I bought my Gammill Vision 18/8 about a year and a half ago. I purchased it from savings so I did not have to finance it. I did buy it with the intent to quilt for others. I previously had a mid-arm from Wow without a stitch regulator and had gotten okay at overall quilting. I did quilt for a few friends at that time per their insistence but was very nervous about it. I took a 2 day class that came with my Gammill purchase and I would highly recommend that. I am slowly building up my business thanks to the afore-mentioned friends. Showing my quilting at guild Show & Tells has brought me more business. I do not want to get too busy, but would like extra money for my quilting hobby and retreats. I have found that at this point, it is either feast or famine. I will have too much work for several months in a row and then nothing for a couple of months. There are a lot of good longarmers in my area, but most are just doing it for extra money not their livelihood so there does seem enough work for all. Gammill has tremendous support. Good luck.