Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gammill Owners - Questions and Thoughts >

Gammill Owners - Questions and Thoughts

Gammill Owners - Questions and Thoughts

Old 10-05-2014, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by vittumhill View Post
Hi,
I have a room above my garage I would like to move my longarm in to. Does anyone know if I can put it in a room that will freeze?? Will this hurt the machine?? How about the minimum temp?? It's a great room, I would like to not have to heat it all the time. Thanks
You really need to talk to a dealer but one here was very specific about heating AND cooling due to oil and electronics in the machine.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:25 AM

I used to rent a Gammill, and I loved it. The cost was based on the hours you used the machine. Most quilts that I did cost about $40.00. I loved it, but all I was able to do were pantos. Sadly the shop went out of business and she sold her longarm machines. It was fun, but doing it for others would be too much like work, and if I wanted a job, I would still be working not retired. I think quilting for others would be difficult, many "customers" are very picky when money is involved, although quilters are probably the best to work for. Good luck with your endeavor. The shop owner told me that her machines were hard to get serviced, but I found out that there are no dealers in Michigan, so maybe that was the problem. Good luck with your endeavor.
Sue
Old 05-17-2015, 08:02 PM

I've been longarm quilting since 2006 for the public. I purchased my A1 then but am now looking very seriously at a Gammill. I've enjoyed the a1 but feel I'm ready to move up to the Statler Stitcher. My work is as described earlier...feast and famine. I'm always happy when a customer quilt comes in and even happier when it goes out...lol. I'm retired and home all the time so I can do the work when I please, in my PJs if I wish. I love my "job" but you cannot count on constant income. Also, once you purchase your machine it is difficult should you decide to sell it. They aren't easy to move and they do require quite a bit of space. Best of luck to you in your decision!
Old 05-18-2015, 04:13 AM

I read the first post, realized it was 2012....and recognized the name/pic......I think you have jumped in and are now longarming.....am I correct...are you happy with your decision? It's a tough one to make.....