View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Lady Diana

Default Drunk Driver....same for me

I was nearly hit by a man who changed over three lanes.....weaving back amd forth across three lanes...I called the police, they stayed on the phone with me while he drove another five miles and then exited the freeway.
the police pulled him over while I sat in my car behind the squad car. They took him out of the car, he could not stand up, so they put him in the back seat of the police car. The police officer came back to get my information....as I was looking forward I saw the man keel over int he back seat....the officer ran up there....he was just passed out. To think that his state was close to passing out while driving.....he could have hit someone headon that day. I am glad that I called 911.
The very next week my husband and I were on the highway coming from Dallas, when a car passed us on the passenger side in the lane closest to the shoulder, my husband said, he better slow down to 40 MPH...it is the law
in Texas when appraoching a stopped police car on side of the road. It was 11PM, not only did he not slow down, he went off of the highway and hit the squad car doing about 80, pushed it up an embankment....we were about to exit the freeway a block down to go back and a police car came down the ramp the wrong way headed towards us....so we stopped and pulled over as best we could and the police car went up on the curb and drove passed us to ge to the other police officer....we read in the paper that the police officer was hospitalized and the other car he had stopped were OK......drunk survived, they can be deadly on the road.

glad you were OK......and thank you for the reminder.
Diana in TX