View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 PM
quiltingcandy

Recovery time really depends on your age and how active you are and you your pain tolerance. Your doctor will want you to rest for some time, but he will also want you to use your arm to avoid developing a frozen shoulder. Physical therapy is very necessary and even though you won't feel much like sewing - maybe some hand sewing, embroidery or crochet or knitting.

I bought a few counted cross stitch ornaments to work on when I needed something to do that I could finish fairly quickly. And I have been hand sewing a tumbling blocks quilt for years - all head sewn, with the diamonds. It travels well.

I handled Workers' Compensation claims for 35 years, and one thing I would tell my injured workers instead of having the doctor tell you what you can't do, ask him/her what you can do. That is not to say to over do anything - follow Dr's orders but ask what you can do and don't focus on what you can't do. As you recover you will be able to do more and more.

Good luck with your recovery and will say a special prayer for you. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 12-21-2012 at 08:11 PM.