View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 02:34 PM
J Miller

Default Need help with quilting situations :(

OK, my wife and I have been making a quilt for each of my two remaining aunts. Wife took it upon herself to appropriate the 201-2 and do the quilting. We decided that we'd do a SITD type for several reasons.

Situation A:
When the first quilt was almost done we took a break. Part of the quilt slipped off the machine onto the floor. One of our wonderful little puddy tats peed on it. Luckily for the cat, we didn't see it happen. Had we .... well the cat would not be very happy.
We used cold water to get the pee out and off then used some spray deodorizer on the spots. But the quilt is going to have to be washed before we can ship it. I'm terrified of throwing a new quilt made from new materials in a wash machine. Fading, colors bleeding and of course bunching up and seams coming apart are what I'm worried about.

Situation B:
This morning as she was almost done with quilt #2 and I was making a brunch she said something like are you cooking cinnamon? I said no, just some left over chicken.

Turns out she'd got the quilt backing too close to the machines light for too long and it's got a small burn mark on it.

We were thinking of using peroxide on a q-tip to try and lighten it. No way to replace the backing at this point.

So, for these two things, I need some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Joe