Old 12-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
I read in my manual that if I had problems with thread breakage, it could be that my thread had dried out. It stated that you can put your thread in the freezer and it will rehydrate it and make it strong again and you will have less breakage. Have any of you ever put your thread in the freezer? If so, what kind of results have you had with it afterward? Did it help?
Have been reading some of your answers here. I was told to put thread in the freezer in a plastic bag with a few drops of water in the bag. It did help. I also have a gallon of silicon which you dip your thread in and it makes a huge difference in breakage, but does darken your colors. I usually test the strength of my threads first. Also, it seems some quilt collections are sending out alarms about cotton threads. They are breaking down and ruining good quilts. I've always used cotton, but will switch to poly now - before poly was too strong and tore cotton fibers. I know Jamie Wallen loves Isacord. I use it in my embroidery so it's ok with me too. lol