View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Gramie bj

Default Christmas Day Quilting

Christmas Eve is always a mad house for us. It is one big Party at our house starting about 1 all our friends and family are invited. I am truly thankfull I have such a large house. Every fall Pa Pa takes out the tractor and cleans up the 1/2 mile sled run with jumps ( every one under 18 is required to wear helmets) We do have another hill about the same length for the less adventuras. it's called Gramie's run. LOL Some one always brings snowmobiles to pack the runs and haul kids up to the top. No cooking for me everything is pot luck, We supply all non Alchol drinks from soda's to water, hot chocklet, coffee, tea, juice your name it. At about sundown the fire pit is started and we pass out marshmellows, chocolate and graham crackers. When it gets too cold or wet we move inside and set up the board games. This party runs untill everyone goes home. usually around 11 at night. All kids are ready for bed. We don't see anyone extra on Christmas Day, go to church, than I get to hide away for most of it and do what I want (quilting of course) My DH will be watching TV most of the day. LOL Anyone else spending tomarrow quietly doing what we all love? I plan on finishing the binding on one quilt then starting my first needle turn project. OOPs I hear a snowmobile! That means DSI has arrived and unloaded his machine to start grooming the trails. Better get the first pot of coffee started. Merry Christmas to all!