Old 12-26-2012, 07:14 AM
J Miller

CD,

I just checked the serial number of my #1 66 treadle. Real close to yours. In my moms life she had two, maybe three machines.
One a black Singer or clone when I was maybe 6 or so that she sewed her finger into her work. I had to help her get the needle loosened so she could get it out. That was kind of traumatic for me, after she got her finger bandaged she put in a new needle and kept on sewing.

The HOTHER I've mentioned many times that I have now. It might have been the one she sewed her finger with, I don't know.

And a cabinet machine she got after she quit using the HOTHER. That one is languishing in a shed in northern AZ. Oh how I want it. I think it's a Kenmore, but I'm not positive.

My grand mom may have had a machine, I don't know. I can't remember ever seeing her sew. And of my two remaining aunts the youngest, ( has moms machine) says she doesn't sew now. And the oldest has one of her aunts or grandmothers treadles.

I would love to get moms e-machine and at least look at my other aunts treadle. But ...... 1700 miles might as well be 17 million miles.

Joe