Thread: A LAQ dilemma
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:30 PM
germanquilter

Default A LAQ dilemma

I am a piecer/topper when it comes to making quilts. I love to pick colors, patterns, design and make quilt tops. When it comes to sandwiching and quilting a quilt, I gladly send it on to my LAQ who happens to also be a friend of mine. Here is where my dilemma comes in. My LAQ just had back surgery two weeks ago and will not be able to quilt until at least the end of January. I have several quilts ready to go and two are baby gifts needed in January. I am contemplating of sending the two I need to get done to another LAQ, a lady I also know. However, I know from past experience that my original LAQ gets really personally offended when you use someone else. She actually "de-friended" someone who did that! Do I go ahead and sent the baby quilts off and not tell her (I will wait for her to get better on the other projects)? She has offered for me to use her LA while she is down to quilt my own quilts but I have tried it and just don't care for the whole process I am not very hand-eye coordinated and barely can stipple my small wall hangings/ table toppers. I hate to put a damper on our friendship but I also need those baby quilts done.