View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 03:57 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I was watching one of those home shopping clubs on tv yesterday, something I have not done in many years-was hooked on them at one point in my life....anyway they were showing quilt sets. I was amazed how well done these are made.....and the quilting is all machine done and well done. I was thinking they would be those horrors with the primitive hand quilting, but no these were very modern piecing designs, lovely patterns, lovely colors with shams, bedskirts and drapes to match and the prices were slashed and I was really tempted to buy a "set". It was said they are 100%cotton, lovely back fabric on back, cotton batt......all for less that $100.00. Altho I do not make quilts for others for $$, as I watched this presentation I wondered how one who does that can compete with that price. Like I said, one was such a cute combo of colors/design I was really tempted, then I slapped myself!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing the fabrics are maybe a dollar a yard over yonder (whereever that is) and the labor is less than a dollar an hour.

NOTHING TO COMPARE TO WHAT FOLKS HERE DO!