Old 12-29-2012, 08:42 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
Hi,

I brought a 115 machine head to the Dec 5 N. California TOGA. I did not bring the treadle base and some folks wanted to see it. Here are pictures of the 5 drawer maple cabinet that the Tiffany/Gingerbread head came in it. I bought this in MN last year. (The other two Singer treadles I have are 7 drawer oak.) I do prefer the tighter grain on the maple cabinet over the oak. I've only used sewing machine oil on the cabinet so far although I have purchased products to improve its appearance. I haven't decided if I want to mess with it or not. I tend to prefer to leave things in their original condition and I sort of enjoy the battle scars of a well loved and used machine. The pictures aren't the best since the sun in streaming in right now. It is a nice treadling machine and I mostly use it to perforate freezer paper for paper piecing since it provides such great control.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384335[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384336[/ATTACH]
Nice Tiffany/Gingerbread decals! Ok from what I remember, the 115 is a vertical rotary hook, where the 15 is a vertical oscillating bobbin. The only other difference between the 115 and the 15 is the orientation of the needle. Are there any other differences?

Nancy