View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 04:02 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Having lost three babies in my 2nd and 3rd trimester, I would definitely say to wait until the baby is viable and stands a chance. It is tragic to lose one at any time during the pregnancy. This is just my experience. Thank God I do have 3 children that survived. Praying that their pregnancy has a happy ending. If something happens and it is not successful, perhaps they would want to wrap the baby in the quilt like my best friend did with her grandson that didn't survive. Just a thought but we are praying for this couple and their baby.

Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
My best friend's son and his wife are expecting a child. She just had an 18-week check-up where a second ultrasound showed a girl - that's what they thought it was at the first ultrasound, too. They suffered a miscarriage about a year ago so ... many of us know how that affects the mindset for subsequent pregnancies. I am working on a quilt that I am so excited to give them. It will have the baby's name appliqued on it. So ... do I have to wait until the child is here? Should I wait until the last trimester? I'd really like to give it now, but .. want to be affirming and bring joy. SO what's the consensus?

Last edited by twinkie; 12-31-2012 at 04:04 AM.