Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

You got a good set up. Eventhough there is a lot of great stuff out there and I own tons of it after 10 yrs all you need for machine quilting is a straihgt stich machine to piece and most likely with some help you can even free motion on it. I own a good amount of nicer fabric from fabric stores but I also look for people who are getting rid of fabric and will buy it from them. I have three friends that only use used clothing they buy at resale stores on $1 days. I would not quit. Take some time and be sure to budget so you do not put yourself in a pickle financially. Definitely look into scrap quilting. Sometimes people give fabric away on thisd board also but you will still need to pay for shipping unless they live in your area. I have bought large boxes for $5 to 20 from people in my area. It is all out of date fabric and needs a good wash but it is fabric and I am making quilts and having fun.

My DD is a young mom and she put on Face Book that she was looking for jeans. People responded and she got bags full that she makes place mats, aprons and quilts with.Maybe all you need to do is to let people around you know. I don't know where you live but maybe some one on the board can help you with free motion etc.

As for quilting gloves I have several friends that went to the 99 cent store and got gardening gloves they use for quilting.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 12-31-2012 at 04:26 PM.