Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Little RoO

Hi....I read this with interest....and would say that you NEED to keep quilting....you would have a real hole in your life if you gave it up.
As for equipment I think most people on this board would agree that we get hooked into buying a whole load of stuff that we don't need.
In Bath, a city near me, ( I am based in the UK) there is an American museum that has the most beautiful quilts made by American women in the 1800s....they are stunning......I wonder did they have an assortment of Acrylic rulers in all shapes and sizes, did they have fancy cutting machines....and sewing machines with huge throats and more stitches than they could ever need...and an endless supply of the latest must have fabrics ?.......I know the answer to these questions are a firm No they would have used any scraps they could have got their hands on....and I still gaze at these quilts in complete awe as they are far more beautiful than anything I could ever make.
Have you looked at the for sale section of this board....sometimes people sell fabric incredibly cheaply.
patterns are easily available via the internet ...and if you are looking for something specific just ask the board...I can almost gaurantee someone will come to your aid.
As for free motion....I now love free motion quilting but still can do little more than basis stippling and swirls and a few feathers....just try doing a little piece to practice on regularily.....if you try learning on a big quilt you will probably become very disallusioned.....but you do have Leah Day...and she is so good !
I really do wish you all the very best ......