View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:49 PM
maryb119

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch View Post
If you are a watcher of HGTV, and are familiar with the twin guys (one is a contractor, and the other a realtor). did you see a recently shown episode.................... They walked into this woman's house (practically GASPED when they saw her beige carpet - saying it was SO OUTDATED)...OMG - its like MY carpet!
Then they went into her kitchen and put their nose up at her beautiful oak cabinets (were going to replace them with slick white ones).......I have oak cabinets..........
And last, but sure not least, when they went to her bedroom and found a lovely quilt on her bed - THEY LAUGHED and ripped it off!!!Ridiculing the quilt all the way!! I was shocked!! Then at the end of the program, neither of the guys wanted the quilt (they acted like it was the ugliest, most hideous thing they ever saw!!)
My goodness, did I just crawl out from under a rock???Anyone else feel like that??...............This MIGHT be filmed in Canada; does that make a difference?
I saw this show too and this episode upset me. I have oak cabinets too and they were custom built 5 years ago. If anyone were to tell me they were outdated, I would have a hissy fit! I love a quilt on the bed, too. It gives a warm, homey feel to a room. Some of their shows ae OK but sometimes, I think that if a person wuld just pick stuff up and put it away, the house would look so much better to start with. I like to watch the show...I just don't agree with some of the things they do. I would never turn my house over tosomeone else for a make over, I would have to be very hands on....after all, I would be the one to live with the changes.