View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Diannia View Post
I'd like to issue a challenge to you all...to embrace yourself! Embrace who you are!
I have decided that this year I will embrace making what makes me happy...first thing I had to do was decide what I like. Sooooo my challenge to you is to figure out who you are:
Do you like to have all your "stuff" out so you can see it? Hmmmm, seems so, but I hate how "messy" the room feels!!
Do you like it all tucked away out of sight? I wish! Maybe if there were room to put it all away.....
Do you like to be messy while working then put it away before starting another project? Not messy while working, but it seems to be left over from starting!
What style of quilts do you like? I am a currently a changeling, I like too many things!
Does your fabric and sorting/storing system support this? Hmmm, I wish more of it were behind closed doors than in neatly shelved clear boxes.
What can you do to get it to work better for you? THIS, Diannia, is where you have spoken loudest to me! I have thought about this, but keep being stuck on what is rather than what can be, or should be, and that will be my challenge for this year.
EMBRACE who you are! Stop fighting yourself!!! For years I have followed this dictum with my hair; how could I have so missed it with my passion!! Diannia
Thank you for issuing this challenge. I hope many of us take the idea to heart in the coming months.
Jan in VA