Old 01-04-2013, 04:13 AM
craftiladi

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
Hi,

I brought a 115 machine head to the Dec 5 N. California TOGA. I did not bring the treadle base and some folks wanted to see it. Here are pictures of the 5 drawer maple cabinet that the Tiffany/Gingerbread head came in it. I bought this in MN last year. (The other two Singer treadles I have are 7 drawer oak.) I do prefer the tighter grain on the maple cabinet over the oak. I've only used sewing machine oil on the cabinet so far although I have purchased products to improve its appearance. I haven't decided if I want to mess with it or not. I tend to prefer to leave things in their original condition and I sort of enjoy the battle scars of a well loved and used machine. The pictures aren't the best since the sun in streaming in right now. It is a nice treadling machine and I mostly use it to perforate freezer paper for paper piecing since it provides such great control.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384335[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384336[/ATTACH]
Judy beautiful machine and I think along the same lines when it comes to leaving my new treasures in the state I find them in unless its something that only going to get worst over time. I have two that one the veneer is missing in the front & a treadle where the top layer is buckled...come this spring when its nicer out I will have to decide if I want to tackle these projects. Thanks so much for sharing your treasure.