View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:17 AM
alleyoop1

If they didn't find things "wrong" with the house, then they wouldn't have the job of replacing them. That is the point of all these shows - cause you to think your home is in need of an update so you will run out and spend money replacing things that are in good shape but not the cutting edge of what they think is "in" and manufacturers want you to buy. What is wrong with oak cabinets or laminate countertops, carpet or quilts - nothing. BUT if they want to sell new cabinets and granite countertops, hard wood floors and designer bedding, they have to convince you that you NEED all new stuff.
What really bothers me about shows like this one and "List It Or Love It" is that they are supposed to be professionals who do this all the time, yet they never allow money in the budget for "unseen" items. Give me a break! Spend every dime of my money and then tell me that the wall you insisted on taking down will cause the 2nd floor to collapse unless I put in an expensive beam? They are all so unprofessional it's not funny!