View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 PM
quiltingsavta

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Here ya go--I had the version 2...now have version 4 and version 5. Both 2 (3) & 4 are connected via parallel or serial port..the v5 and later connect via USB. You won't easily find a laptop with those ports--thus I use v5. To my "fairly recent" knowledge, Mac has not supported any form of embroidery software. Tho there is one now that is available for Mac..but not Brother. If so, it is new to me. But you can go to the Brother site and look into the updates to see if they have a patch for Mac. Re the disks, you can buy an external 3.5 floppy drive (I have 2 of those--I'm thinking "extinction"!) If you are already familiar with your software (and it will do almost anything you want it to!), I would recommend just replacing my computer with a desktop with the tower/all the connections..if you can find it. And I know Brother makes a patch for the v4 to accomodate the operating systems Vista & Win7. You should do a thorough search to be sure if your new computer will be compatible. I love XP--own 4 of them just for my emb program. What would you call a person like me? haha
Thanks so much for your input.