View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:43 PM
quiltjoey

I have seen the show and after you've seen about 4 of them, you know what the next one will look like. Our house is about 50 years old. We've lived in it about 30. The kitchen has the oak cabinets that were in it when we bought it. I put wood flooring in the kitchen and added granite counter tops as the formica ones were worn out. The shine on them was gone and they were white. I could only keep them white by bleaching them weekly! I once had a house that had that "open" concept and I always had to make sure everything was picked up and clean. No dishes, glasses on the counters, papers, books, clothes, or toys strewn about. I was nothing but work. Now my small living room is generally always presentable and you can't see the rest of my house from it. I would like some upgrades here and there but at our age, it wouldn't be worth spending thousands of dollars to make the changes. I would rather put the money in a new sewing machine, or newer car, or help my children or grandchildren. We just don't need to move into the 21 century as we are happy in the 20th!! ))))))))