View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:29 AM
QuiltingSister

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
nThe brothers (twins) have 2 shows: Property Brothers and Buying and Selling (which is new I think). I watch them both. I'm sure they (like on all tv shows) are being dramatic/provocative to improving viewing. I guess us quilters probably took that espisode a little personal!! Didn't the woman say her grandmother had made the quilt? Anyway, she was a good sport about it in the end. I just kept thinking I hope she can take it in stride and isn't getting her feelings hurt.
. The family on this particular episode is the daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters of dear friends of ours. The family lives in Texas, and my friend made the quilt. When she first told me about the show (they were there for the filming), she laughed about the "ugly quilt" remark because this happened to be her first quilt. Her daughter treasures that quilt, so do not be concerned about it not being loved for many years to come :-). My friend's quilting journey started when I convinced her to attend a quilt retreat with me in AZ, and she was hooked! So much of these shows is about the drama....for TV. Personally, I like the show and even though I disagree often with the changes, that's just my taste vs theirs. Happy quilting :-)