Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Silly Me!! I had a reply typed ... and proceeded to let it go *poof*!!!
Now to re-do it!!!

JeanieG ... Yes, you're stuck with me ... just like glue! Looks like our Moms cooked much the same and with the same strategies!!

MiraB ... I really haven't got hooked with online ordering. However, you're getting my attention re the price differential. Better for you than me, but still an incentive for me too. If you like MM, check out their Krystal line, with lots of colours. That's what my FWS green borders/sashing was and I can see me using more of it in other projects. And oh, all those Fusion blenders that are in oodles of colour choices too!

Anael ... thanks for the Bernina and Janome info. I think J have created a lot of confusion with the old/new 7700 being intro'd so close together and so much alike. Likewise, I understand that B has re-intro'd an old model # in a totally different machine. I still love my oatmeal porridge, and even more so if I add some fruit while cooking, or after. Sometimes I add in some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice too! And if sweetness is wanted, maple syrup is the best! Good and loyal Canadian, aren't I? Yea for you and your "new" cut up material for those logs!!! Have FUN when you are out and about!!

GGal ... thanks for the tip to Carrie. I went on over and will now follow.

CarrieM ... here's the link for that thread
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...05567.html#top
Have FUN shopping for the machine you want. You do a lot of sewing and I'm sure you will be doing more and more. You should make sure you have one that is going to last you a long time. Will you be keeping the machine you have for your DD to use?

Anael ... The custard is fine without the maple syrup, but of course, is even nicer with that bit added to it. Plus it makes for a nice presentation when you turn it out at serving time. Mom always made mincemeat. I have done so too, but more so what I do is buy a ready-made mixture and add a bunch more apples, cherries, maybe some nuts and let it brew in the frig til I'm ready to use it for something. Though, that takes some planning ahead!!