View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:13 PM
TanyaL

Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
I have never heard of that show but those two sound like a couple of rude/crude people to me.
NO one has said that these brothers or anyone on their show is lacking in good manners. There has never been anything crude said or implied on their shows nor has anyone on this thread said that there was. I'm not sure what you are reading "between the lines" but it is inaccurate. This show gives one couple per show a dream home that the couple picks out for themselves at a price that they can afford. Obviously their dream is not the dream of everyone on this board, but it is not a nightmare either. The work is done by local contractors and apparently is of very high standards. If we could all have our dream homes made available to us at a price we could afford, most of us would take the offer. Some of us are fortunate to have already acquired our dream homes in years past. Why are we against people who are acquiring theirs now and doing it by means of this TV program? What is the big deal if someone wants to discard the oak cabinets that are in a house when it is purchased and replace them with cherry or any other type cabinet? Why all the fuss over other people's personal preferences? It is not being chosen for them by the program, the brothers, the TV station. They are choosing and they are paying for it.