View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:40 PM
LynnVT

My house was built in 1810, with a "new addition" in 1830. We did add on a bit at the back for a new kitchen in 1999, since the old one really was gross. But I love traditional. I always say, "I was shabby before it was chic!" We have updated some rooms, but love our old stuff too. Those guys do make some broken down places look nice, but if I had seen that show I'd have been furious too. Remember that clean up show they used to have, before the disgusting Hoarders stuff? Peter Walsh once told a guy he had to throw away or sell a painting that his mother had made while she was dying from cancer. It was absolutely heartless!! Fortunately, the guy's brother took the painting, and I'll bet the minute those cameras went down the street, the homeowner got it back. What's funny is that shows where they are selling the house, people spend all kinds of money fixing it up, and cleaning out so it will sell. But the House Hunters shows go into houses with toys all over, obviously not fixed up, and they buy it anyway if it's a good house and the right price. Oh, well. It's just entertainment. Just don't come here and tell me to get rid of the quilts!