View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:38 AM
quiltingsavta

Originally Posted by quiltingsavta View Post
Hi Everyone - geez I haven't been on this board in like "FOREVER". Sorry. Life just gets in the way, but I hope to be back chatting with all of you real soon.

So I have a dilema. OK now please don't laugh at me since I'm very vulnerable right now....lol. My computer is finally dieing down on me and I have to bite the bullet and get a new one. My kids tell me to get a MAC but it's soooo damn expensive. I'm not a frivolous gal, simple is my middle name. Well not really. I'm going this weekend to check out the MACs just to appease my kids. But here is my question and remember I said don't laugh? I have a Brother embroidery machine which I just love. I purchased the Brother PE-Design software upteen years ago....so long ago the software is on disks instead of CD's. Remember disks? It is version 2.0. It has served me well and like I said, I'm simplistic and my motto is why fix it if it ain't broke. I do embroidery all the time and have hundreds of designs that I've purchased throughout the years. I went on the Brother website and see now that the software is up to version 7.0 or 8.0 or something like that. I believe the memory card is still the same one as I have but the card reader/writer is different, smaller than the one I have. I'm sure the one I have is fine, but was wondering if the software I have can be loaded up on the MAC should I break down and buy one. In either case, whatever computer I get, would I still be able to use the disks? Of course I know the tower would have to accept a floppy and most new computers don't have it anymore. Geez, what a headache. Any input, suggestions would so be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Thank you everyone for your input. I do appreciate it.