View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:31 PM
MaryLane

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
Hi Mary, great to hear from you! You have your hands full but it looks like you're making great progress. Kudos to you for mending...it's on the very, very, very bottom of a​ny "todo" list I'll ever have! Funny...I'll rip and rip if I make a mistake sewing and not think a thing about it but mending is not fun! Thought about doing a BOM...which one did you choose? ?? Great job on the batting! It's hard to throw anything away what with prices skyrocketing but it is liberating to finally pitch those things we keep shoving to the side. Currently working on Jane's 1930's blocks...waiting on fabric...STILL! Really this RRR makes you look at different kinds of quilting I wouldn't have attempted before. After I started looking at the 1930 prints and patterns I fell in love with them! Would you do another RRR?
Wonnie,

LOL...I am not a fan of mending myself. I keep explaining that it is not sewing but they just don't believe me. We farm and raised three sons. It seems that something always needed mending for a long time AND my sons would volunteer me for projects at school. You would not believe the things I have made for our small school. So, a couple of times a year is okay now.

My LQS picks a couple of patterns and does two different BOM. One is always a Moda collection of fabric. The group I am with is the Civil War. I think the fabric is Julie Rothermal but I am not sure. Last year was my first year and I did it because I liked the quilt. They offered it in feed sack (30s repro) fabrics and CW. I did the feed sack but I enjoyed the ladies so much I decided to do it again this year. I am not very excited about the quilt, though.

I can't wait until I get the 30s RR. I love 30s myself and have lots of ideas but want to see what everyone else is doing. I took the BOM and am doing this RR to force myself to try new things. it is easy to do what I have always done. But challenges are good.

Mary