Thread: janome 8900
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 PM
LyndaOH

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
LyndaOH .. yes, I have the extra set of FMQ that have that adjustability you described. It has been a huge difference.
Also, have the blue dot.

So I take that you are saying the 7700 has an "auto tension" feature that is not part of the 6600?

Is it truly automatic ... as in it figures it out, itself? and you have nothing to do with it?

Or is it something that you have to enable to work, and would have the option to turn it off?
If so where is it located and how do you do it?

I know there are at least three features on the 6600that are not on the 7700.
One is the bobbin winder.
I think another is that if you want to use the really large spools, that you have to use a separate stand.
The other ... I forget.

What did you notice missing, on the 7700?
The auto tension is not available on the 6600. There's a dial right on top of the machine. Mine arrived from the factory set to Auto, but you can dial it up or down as needed. I have never had to touch the tension (top or bottom) and I've had my machine for about 18 months. I'm a pretty heavy user, I would say and work on everything from piecing to quilting, to bag making and everything in between.

You have the option of turning it off just by turning the dial.

The 7700 has a bobbin winder, just not a separate motor for the bobbin winder. I have not had an issue with this. I don't believe I ever wound a bobbin while I was sewing on my 6600.

The cone stand is available (ask your dealer to throw it in). Unlike the 6600, the 7700's cone stand is stationary. You attach it with a couple of screws.

I can't think of anything else that is missing!