View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04 AM
stitchinwitch

First, I must say, that I didn't say that Canadians were horrible!!@# - I meant that, because it is in another country (no matter WHERE it would be) tastes are different from ours. For instance, according to Hyacinth, she uses a small refrigerator--ok----, but get the point?? If you took my statement incorrectly, I apologize.
There is another Canadian program, I THINK - and that is "Love it or List it" I was really surprised to see the 1400 square ft homes that are HUGE!! The openness of the home, the MANY rooms, etc - wow! OUR 1400 sq ft homes would be single floor, tiny rooms, no elbow room. So many are $700K, but to do the HUGE remodel, it is about $30K-50K usually........send those carpenters to MO, do I have a job for them!!
Lastly, beige carpeting is a neutral....One can decorate any way they want because of the neutral flooring, right? By ripping out perfectly good items is a WASTE! - Wouldn't you LOVE to follow them with a truck and pick up all those beautiful oak cabinets for your sewing rooms? Do people have $$ to burn?? In THIS day?????My theory is to "wear it out and use it up"
And finally - remember the HGTV program with Gary Collins? They were going to buy a town and make it a craft town, etc. I remember him saying "we AREgoing to buy this town"....then poof!gone. In that time period, there were so many EXCELLENT programs on HGTV - who decided to take them off?
This is MY opinion and I'm sticking with it!