View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:40 PM
quiltingsavta

Originally Posted by ThreadHead View Post
I have an Esante V-2 which I have done digitized hundreds and hundreds of designs that are on the 3.5 disks. My computer that I use for digitizing is an old HP, which is used JUST FOR DIGITIZING, no internet.
I also have a 3.5 external drive that I can use on my newer laptop.
I also have another external harddrive that I use for backup.
I also have the Embird program. And the EQ5. One day I will go through my 3.5's and put them on a CD.
I found that a version 4 of .pes, on up, or a .sew will not work on the version 2 program. HOWEVER, you can take a version 4 or .sew over to the Embird program and change it from a .pes to a .hus (or any other) THEN change it back to a .pes. THEN the version 2 accepts the .pes. That's why I still have the older computer because it works just great. I am also thinking of getting a newer computer too. My grandson says that if I ever go to a Mac, i will never go back. I can't afford new programs at 1200 bucks or new computers, so I have to make do with what I have accumulated over the years.
Thanks for the input. From what I've been reading, I think I will buy a new computer for internet "stuff" and everyday use, but keep my old one and just use it for my designs. If I take all my other programs off it will free up loads of space. My 2.0 version works just fine for me and to start buying all new programming and boxes, etc, it's just too much for me right now. I'm keeping everyone's information for future use. Thanks again.