View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 06:05 AM
KGoodhand

Originally Posted by ctquilter
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it illegal to advertise one price and then charge another? I wonder if reporting them to the Better Business Bureau for false advertising would get managements attention!!!
I used to work at a grocery store (in Canada) and the policy is that if a higher price wrang up on the till then what was advertised you got one item for free and obviously the rest of that item (incase you had more then one) for the sale price. If the item was over $10, you got $10 of instead of it free. Actually I believe it is a policy all across Ontario, in not Canada. Now that does become a problem sometimes because as someone already mentioned as well, other customers do unfortunately do put things down wherever they feel like it! But it is supposed to save people from the retailers. I did get overcharged at WalMart once for a child's outfit. The cashier had no idea what I was talking about. I asked to speak to the manager and she had to call her supervisor to make sure I wasn't lying! The worst part was that the policy was written out right there on the till! I like what one person on here already said - You can't fix stupid!