View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:58 PM
IrelandDragonQuilting

Originally Posted by leakus View Post
I love to see fabrics and progress. I am still trying to choose pattern and fabrics. My partner is a "Surprise me" so I am letting my imagination flow and trying to decide if I want to do something I like or go outside of the comfort zone and do something different.
Any other here has a "surprise me"? what is the "creative" process for you?
Can we talk about the "selecting pattern" flow that you all are going through?
Just to help others (me) LOL!
andrea
For me after I ask a few questions about what they like and get to know a bit more about their personality, at least as much as you can by 'stalking' them in their forum posts. I then google it. I put in various ideas into the search engine and see what comes up. For instance with my idea for Mindless.. I put in scrappy quilts, then the next search I did was pieced quilts, blue quilts, flower quilts, and so on from there. I don't go to any particular website, I just look at the images and print out, or right click and save them and after I get a few ideas of what I would like to try and what I think she might like, I open the file and look at the photos I selected that caught my eye, and take different elements from the various photos until I get an idea as to what it is I want to do. Then to help me visualize it a bit better, I will sketch it. I sometimes will graph it out and to be honest most of the time I just figure out what is I want to do and go with it. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. But then sometimes I will find a pattern that calls out to me and I use it or get the kit and make it. I do like kits sometimes