Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) >

2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 PM

Default 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Welcome to the 2nd Quilt for Quilters Swap. This swap is for quilters who would like to swap a fully completed, lap-size quilt with another quilter.

Guidelines:

Sign up for this swap by January 15, 2013. Quilts must be finished and mailed by July 1, 2013.

Size: no smaller than 45" x 60"; no larger than 60" x 60". 100% cotton fabric.

See http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm for general swap rules.

I am required to insist that participants send me a monthly PM to verify that they are still active in this swap and are working on their promised project.

I am required to insist that participants notify me as soon as they have finished their quilt and are ready to mail it.

Once I have received notice that both partners are done and ready to mail, I will send both a PM to let them know it’s time to mail.

I am required to insist that all participants send me verification of shipment, to include tracking information.

Participants are required to ensure packages will not arrive “postage due.”

Any and all other fees, such as import duties, taxes, etc imposed by the recipient’s government are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

Absent legitimate and reported mitigating circumstances, participants who have not fulfilled their obligation by July 1, 2013 shall be deemed “late” and risk receiving Negative [Swap] Feedback.

Please keep in touch with your partner and me as required. Please let us know right away if something happens that will interfere with your ability to complete your project on time.

Swappers should treat each other as friends and focus on the fun. So … please be prepared to be flexible, patient and understanding if necessary and appropriate.
To participate, please PM me the following information. The best matches happen when you can be as specific as possible. I will then compare what people want to make and receive, and do my best to find compatible matches. Participants are encouraged to communicate any concerns about the swap or their partner selection to me at any time during the swap.

NOTE: Incomplete entries will not be accepted.

GENERAL INFORMATION:
1. Your name, mailing address, email and phone # ( I must have full contact information in order to effectively manage this swap. This information will not be shared beyond me and your swap partner without your permission)

1b. Are you willing to swap with someone outside the U.S.? (YES or NO)
We may have a few non-U.S. participants. Shipping is more expensive. I will only make US-nonUS matches with willing participants.

ABOUT WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO RECEIVE:
2. What type of quilt DESIGN would you most like to RECEIVE? You can be as general or specific as you want to be. Use OTHER to clarify your interest. (For example: "I've always wanted an Amish-style quilt")

Traditional
Modern
Pieced
Appliqué
Surprise me!
Other:

3. What type of FABRIC would you most prefer to RECEIVE? If you have a preference for fabric TYPE (NOT color; see separate question below), please state it here. All fabric will be 100% cotton.

Solids
Prints (explain further in OTHER below)
Batiks
1930s Reproductions
Civil War
Novelty (explain further in OTHER below)
Surprise me!
Other:

4. What are your COLOR preferences for the quilt you'd like to RECEIVE? Use OTHER to clarify your color preference.

Reds
Yellows/Oranges
Blues
Greens
Earth tones/Neutrals
Bright colors
Soft, muted pastel colors
Surprise me!
Other:

5. What else do you want your swap partner to know about the quilt you'd love to RECEIVE?

ABOUT WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE & GIVE:
6. What type of quilt DESIGN would you most like to MAKE for another? You can be as general or specific as you want to be. Use OTHER to clarify. (For example: "I love to make log cabins")

Traditional
Modern
Pieced
Appliqué
I'm up for making anything!
Other:

7. What TYPE of FABRIC do you have a lot of in your stash? To keep costs low, we're trying to make matches with people based on what they have in their stash already.

Solids
Prints (explain further in OTHER below)
Batiks
1930s Reproductions
Civil War
Novelty (explain further in OTHER below)
I'm willing/able to purchase what my swap partner wants
Other:

8. What COLORs do you have a lot of in your stash? Use OTHER to clarify what colors you have.

Reds
Yellows/Oranges
Blues
Greens
Earth tones/Neutrals
Bright colors
Soft, muted pastel colors
Other:

9. What else do you want your swap partner to know about the quilt you'd love to make?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:51 AM

Sounds like fun sending a PM I would like to join! I can only stitchin the ditch for quilting but hope that doesnt disqualify me from sending. I can send it out for quilting if need me just let me know.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:58 AM

I jsut sent you a PM. After many false starts and bad errors I enjoyed the last one and am really enjoying the quilt I received from DiAnn. Has kept me warm this Winter.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Sounds like fun sending a PM I would like to join! I can only stitchin the ditch for quilting but hope that doesnt disqualify me from sending. I can send it out for quilting if need me just let me know.
There are no requirements for type of quilting. Nor of skill level.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:07 AM

Thanks Jillaine, glad to see this swap up again. I enjoyed all the ones I did and received. They have been dispursed through out the house. I have to think on what I want to do and what I am looking for before I sign up. Will get it done before deadline. Working on the last 18 ufos right now so will pm you shortly.

Last edited by QuilterMomma; 12-22-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:11 AM

I definitely want in this time! I have been trying to decide what I wanted to work on in 2013 and this would be perfect. I followed the thread for the last exchange and wish I had participated then. I will send you an PM. Thanks for hosting.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:12 PM

Sending my PM , bring it on Jilliane! Shall I send you that box of Kleenex now or later on? Thank you, fearless leader, for taking this on again.
Elizabrat, you had better be on your best behavior. Oh wait a minute.. your best behavior is still hilarious! Glad to have you join this great swap.
QuilterMomma, you are amazing. Be careful or that UFO closet will fill up again!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:48 PM

OH boy! I so loved doing this the first go round. Going to have to put some hard thought to this one. I am glad to see you are doing it again, it is a awesome idea.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:46 AM

Twinriver: I have NOOO idea what you could possibly be talking about.. behavior of course I will be on MY best behavior.. truly I will (grinning big time all the way). I am excited. I never make anything for myself as I am sure is the same with everyone who joins. I just ordered the batting for this so I will now sit here very angelic like and hold my hands together in a soft and gentle manor and tilt my head just slightly while I wait on go. uh huh.. yuppers that is me, Ms. Angel.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:05 PM

Thanks for hosting this again Jillaine!! I so much enjoyed the last one... I'll be PMing you right after the holidays!
Little Ms Elisabrat...your slip is showing! With a name like that, I'm gonna guess your halo could use a bit of polish.