View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:52 PM
leakus

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
For me after I ask a few questions about what they like and get to know a bit more about their personality, at least as much as you can by 'stalking' them in their forum posts. I then google it. I put in various ideas into the search engine and see what comes up. For instance with my idea for Mindless.. I put in scrappy quilts, then the next search I did was pieced quilts, blue quilts, flower quilts, and so on from there. I don't go to any particular website, I just look at the images and print out, or right click and save them and after I get a few ideas of what I would like to try and what I think she might like, I open the file and look at the photos I selected that caught my eye, and take different elements from the various photos until I get an idea as to what it is I want to do. Then to help me visualize it a bit better, I will sketch it. I sometimes will graph it out and to be honest most of the time I just figure out what is I want to do and go with it. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. But then sometimes I will find a pattern that calls out to me and I use it or get the kit and make it. I do like kits sometimes
Thanks for the ideas. In fact I was "stalking" my partner in her forum posts to get an idea of what she liked. I learn some but she is a surprise me so I will do just that. For me it is a matter or get inspired and looking at pictures does help.
andrea