View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:04 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

You look like you get around pretty good yourself, Phranny! Thanks for all the extra info!!!I love checking out the Menno stores and "exploring" all their other inclusions!

Floradale I've been to many a time. Anyone who goes there, will want to have lunch down the street ....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...2-t162382.html
It's in the old general store and is quite enticing as you can see from the above pics. The nice thing is that they didn't go in and gut the place and modernize, but have left as much of the original as possible, including the fixtures and cabinetry and then worked around that to keep the theme. Besides ... the food is totally Mennonite delicious! Of course, you might pick up some baking at the General Store when getting your fabrics!

Haven't been to Farewell or Wallaceville. Checked the map, but where is Wallaceville? I'm thinking it's a blink, so not on the map!! And thinking perhaps one or both are "down the lane" shops, in a Mennonite home?

A friend lives near Creekbank and she raves about them! I was supposed to go there this week with her, but plans changed. Hopefully, soon! While in the neighbourhood, head into Mount Forest to Knotty Pine Dry Goods. It's off the main street next to Karen's Restaurant. A bit of on street parking or park across the street in the grocery store (Foodland?) parking lot. Found that one a few years ago, thanks to the guys at the local farm dealership!!

Glad I am not the only one that could not find Undercover in Fergus. I'd even asked at Tim Horton's next door and they said, oh no, there's no where in Fergus for fabrics! Obvious they weren't quilters! Now you have me thinking Phranny ... are we neighbours?

Another happen-chance place is Wallenstein General Store. Not a lot of quilting fabrics, but I do seem to come out with something, most times. Last visit there, there were several bolts of Civil War fabrics, which surprised me. Because they were so low priced, I didn't think they could be, til I came home and researched to discover they definitely were! Must have been part of a job lot sell off. Oh well, my stash really didn't need more!

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-11-2013 at 10:08 AM.